Friday, September 30, 2011

september

We started school right after Labor Day.  We joined Classical Conversations and have been enjoying it tremendously.  Our schedule feels really hectic (still) with all of the activities we have this year but the girls are having fun and learning so much.
 Our group met over the summer and tie-dyed these shirts with our logo.  It wasn't exactly what the girls wanted to wear on their first day but they got over it quickly.  They loved having new backpacks and lunch boxes.
 Calista has a much heavier load in school this year... in math, writing and grammar.  She is definitely rising to the occasion and I'm so proud of her.  She has oral presentations each week and works hard at preparing for them.  Actually, all of the girls do and it's been a treat to watch their confidence and skill blossom.   
My little babies are kindergarteners.  How did that happen?!  I'm doing My Father's World Kinder with them (as I did with Caroline).  I was going to take them through FIAR but decided since I already had MFW K ready to go,  I didn't need to do something different.  Simplify, right?   I loved it when I went through it with Caroline and there were so many special memories made with that curriculum.
 The girls have been singing in the children's choir at church recently and this was taken during their first Sunday of singing.  I loved this photo of the twins singing their 'shared' solo and Caroline's expression. So sweet!
 Knowing that September held the last of the swim days above 90 degrees, we took advantage of every free afternoon.  We worked non-stop in the mornings and then met our friends at the pool whenever we could.  September went by in a flash as we grew into our new weekly routine.

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

what a sweet pic. of the girls singing! september and october both went by fast for us!
I know I've been gone for awhile ~ I'm trying to come back though :)

Lisa said...

What a great start. A friend of mine does Classical Conversations and it sounds really good. I haven't looked into it enough to know what it covers though. Is it mainly English (writing)? We use MFW for Bible/history/science. Would it replace that or be added to it?

As far as FIAR goes, you could always pick a story to do from time to time, if you wanted.

I love the pictures - esp. of the girls singing! That is so precious. :)