Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Project Life Tuesday

Monday, May 30: This week is really all about a sweet, sweet dog.  It was difficult to find anything to photograph this week that didn't include this good boy.  We were so grateful when our friends asked us to pet-sit.  It really gave us a chance to see what life with a dog would be like.  The girls were wonderful with him and barely ever let him rest.

Tuesday, May 31:  It was especially wonderful to see Caroline take to him because she is so uncomfortable (petrified really) around dogs.  Definitely a blessing!

Wednesday, June 1:  This was our last week of school.  It was so much more motivating to get our work done with a sweet doggy sleeping under the school table.  

Thursday, June 2:  Our streets were being sealed this week so we had to park a few blocks away.  When we needed to get to our car these little golf carts were available to give us a ride.  The girls wanted to ride around all day with Ms. Heather.  They even begged to take the dog in the cart.

Calista made this cute shirt in her sewing class today.  We spent the rest of the day outside rollerskating and waiting to see daddy drive up in a golf cart.

Friday, June 2nd:  True Love!!!


Saturday, June 3rd:  The little girls are loving the Knuffle Bunny books again lately.  They laugh so hard at the story and the illustrations.

 Sunday, June 4th:  It was a rainy Sunday and a perfect time for a movie.  Calista and Ken were spending the day at the theater setting up for Calista's upcoming play.  The girls decided to watch "Tangled',,,,, again,

5 comments:

Susana said...

I'd been waiting for this post! I've been enjoying these each week from you!

Sending you warm, happy thoughts, Isabel :-).

OH, and to answer your question from the other day...Hanna has actually been teaching herself to sew with books I bought her. When she gets in a pinch my mom helps her out, thankfully. So far, I've had no luck finding sewing classes for her in town or through our hschool group--still hoping and keeping my eyes open for one.

Calista's shirt is amazing! You must be so proud, and I know she is too. Makes me smile so big!

Lisa said...

I love Calista's shirt!

I love that your girls love that sweet dog!

I hope you've been having a wonderful summer and look forward to reading about another year of your schooling adventure!

God bless!

shaz said...

Hi Isabel
I chanced upon your blog from another homeschooling blog and I have been enjoying your posts very much. You have the sweetest and loveliest girls and u are an inspiration.
Shaz from Singapore

Chandi said...

I just wanted to leave a little note to let you know that I added your blog to my list. I found you when I was searching for some info about MFW curriculum. It seems we have a little in common. I have three girls and we are using MFW 1st grade this year. I also love scrapbooking and have Project Life, although I haven't even been able to keep up with that. Looking forward to your future posts. Are you doing MFW this year also?

Lisa said...

I hope all is well with you and your family. I miss reading new posts on your blog. Are you still homeschooling? Take care & God Bless!

Lisa (www.hsdays.blogspot.com)