Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 125 - discipleship study

I started this study a few months ago and it's made such a difference in my Bible study time.  I meet with two other ladies from church, while Ken and the kids are in Awana.  I feel like a complete 'newbie' in God's Word next to them but I think they are benefiting from it too.  It's really pushing me out of my comfort zone.  Ken always imitates me in a group study.....hiding behind the book,  sneaking out the door,  etc.  He's actually taking the same study with the men's group at church but he has no fear of speaking.  The study is all about strengthening your walk with the Lord through Bible study, scripture memorization and prayer.  It helps build a strong foundation.  What it's really given me so far though is a renewed hunger for God's word.

My mornings start out differently now.  I sit in the big chair by the window and meet with Him before I do anything else.  When the girls come out in the morning they see me there instead of at the computer like before.  When they run up to cuddle and give me morning kisses I have the chance to share what I've been reading or praying about.  It feels better.  I praise God for this change in our morning and in my heart.

2 comments:

Helen Lewis said...

Wow! That's a great story! Indeed kids learn from their parents...first with what they feel, then what they see, what they hear, and of course, what they do with them.

That is how we are with God also.
Keep up the good work! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for painting that picture at the end of your post. That is really what I would love for my children to see, but sadly it is not. I need to work on this... thank you for the reminder.

Blessings
Honey