Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moon Lapbook

Oh, she is so proud of this one too!  We're learning with each one and it was even easier for this lapbook to come together in the end.


Caroline came up with the idea for the little pocket book filled with Moon Facts Cards.  She illustrated each of the little yellow cards inside. The pocket book was just made out of letter envelopes stapled together.  The tab book was also new for us this time.  I got that idea from this book I used a lot in my classroom teaching days.




Calista wants to add lapbooking to her Adventures curriculum as well so may try that next.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

When I read through your recent posts, I quickly discovered how nicely organized you are. I'm impressed with the amount of things you seem to accomplish with having four children! I have only two and struggle through many days!

I love your lapbooks. What fun! We started lapbooking in the middle of our first homeschooling year (2nd grade) and found that we loved it. My daughter still creates lapbooks all on her own, which I think is really neat. I didn't event think to do them for MFW-K. We are in week 10 now, but it's never too late!

For us, lapbooking began when we used Five in a Row (FIAR) and they have improved. We liked it so much, I taught a FIAR class at co-op and we lapbooked through the stories. I think it's a great way to learn and help retain it.

Great job with your children. It is a huge blessing to homeschool. And it really helps to connect through others who are doing the same thing. Your ideas are outstanding. I can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet lapbook! They will be treasures for a long time to come! Could I link to your post on my Simply Lapbooks blog? What about future lapbooks? I'm sure everyone would love to see variations to different lapbooks and the ideas that others have! Blessings to you today!

Too Many Kids In The Bathtub said...

I am so happy to read your blog!!!!! We are using all the same stuff!!! I am going to have such fun reading your stuff!!! If you do not mind, what does your schedule look like?

Isabel said...

I was just writing about my schedule...how funny. It's been a tough one for me. I love looking around at everyone else's for ideas. I'm not content with mine yet. I'll have to go take a look at yours too :)